It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 3:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161 ... 1887  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:14 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
I know my dear Gwenllian but I have taken innocent lives, caused devastation and death to those not in the battle. You are a sweet and loyal friend to try to absolve me of all guilt.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:47 am
Posts: 305
Location: Holme's Tavern

Gwenllian... You ran Kursk through? :shock: I just hope he's gone for good, but I know from Tobias Tave and Joanna Simm that someone else was pulling his strings. Still, it seems that you've both turned into reluctant warriors, but I know that it's not something that comes naturally to either of you. I hope you won't have to do that again.

Hmm. Bolte really is a terribly unpleasant man. The krogs are lovely creatures, never do any harm to anyone, they just live in the depths of the mire. I really don't understand the behaviour of that man. :(

If he comes here we'll just have to be polite, he's got some heavy weight people behind him I'm sorry to say. :|

He won't harm anyone here. That's for certain.

Well I hope Kalvos can convince Gideon to stop him. You've got a new mirror?

Oh Gwenllian have you discovered the meaning behind your red beads?

Korben Drake has been here? :o Between you and me, I'm surprised. I thought he would have fled further afield.

I'm sorry you had to kill people Philomena, but they came here to harm you all, and you were just protecting the people in the tavern.

I'm sad that Lyle didn't make it, he was so kind hearted and noble. What a terrible waste. :(

Sweeney wants to marry you? :? Well, that's an interesting one. I'll talk to him... I'm a little concerned about our missing guests, two men and a boy so Sweeney says.

I've not seen Hoggy or his wife, they may have gone into hiding. Vance Scarab has returned to the White Scorpian's lair, so I've heard but I don't know where that is.
:|


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:55 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
Yes Fama the boy went missing and his father went to search fir him. Their relationship is a bit rocky at the moment but maybe they will find their way in the mire together. The other man is Saygin Baal, Gwenllian doesn't like him much.

Korben vanished soon after battle, he is a bit unsettling. He knows things about me that I don't know how he discovered. Called me princess and said things about my father being lost.

Yes, I suppose we will have to be polite if Bolte comes. I hope he doesn't find out I'm a mermaid and we have pixies and elves staying too. The man makes my blood run cold. Shame we can't trick him into using one of my special combs so he forgets who he is and who he hates.

I'll have to show you my new mirror. It is beautiful and very powerful. Shevron is afraid of it and sold it to me for a fraction of what is worth.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:47 am
Posts: 305
Location: Holme's Tavern
Saygin Baal.. Hmm. Not sure I know anything about him, I'll wait and see what he's like when I meet him. Although if Gwenllian does not like him, we should be wary.

So how many rooms are taken? I shall go out into the mire first thing and see if I can find the missing boy and his pa.

Korben Drake, well, not sure what to make of him, he's one of the last of his kind, I know that. Between you and me I've never trusted him, and he's a revolutionary to boot. He may have insight but he's devious and troublesome.

What happened to Silas Shantee? Any sign of him? Did he ever show up? Shevron? Is that another guest?

We must be careful of Mr Bolte. If we used magic, his men would know, and there would be more trouble. Best let Kalvos try to sort this one for now Philomena. What does your new mirror do? :?



Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:50 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
Surely you know Shevron Crow? He sells the best skin care products in Toraz as well as more unusual potions and magical items. He could probably sell you some pretty effective hair restorer but I rather like your bald head and the way it shines in the candlelight.

Don't worry, I wouldn't try anything with Bolte. I trust Kalvos to help us with or without Gideon's help. He will be true to his word. Kalvos is very honourable and rather handsome, it is a pity he is so married to his career or I'd be tempted to marry him myself!

Silas went to find you, well so he says. I think he's gone off to Grimeny lake to think. I rather remind him of my mother and he is still hopelessly in love with her. Poor Silas.

My new mirror does many things. It is made of captured moonbeams and its magic can be rather dark. It shows the future or rather the different paths to different futures. It can reveal curses and enchantments. Show me people's dreams and nightmares and can even let me enter their dreams if I choose although I cannot kill them in dreams like Gwenlliain can. That is some of what it can do, there are other powers it has that I would not use. It's in my room now, I've pretty much moved in here now I hope you don't mind.

Oh I do hope you bring back little Fama, i'm very fond of him. Hope you bring back his father too. Between you and me Urat I killed the boy's mama in my storm. I feel so terrible about it, I just want to take care of him. He fell asleep in my arms the other night, poor darling.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:47 am
Posts: 305
Location: Holme's Tavern
Shevron Crow, come to think of it, I do know of him, elf chappy, big ears. Smells of perfume and pipe weed, and such like. My poor old head. I used to have big hair a few years back. You could count the curls, but it'd take a time. I've tried all manner of hair restore products, kelpie manure, wormwart lotion, I even used to stand on my head for an hour a day, it just made me dizzy. Still at least you and Gwenllian like my shiny bonce.

Yes, I think we can trust Kalvos, but lets hope he doesn't bring an army back with him. Diplomacy is the best way to sort this. You'd like to marry Kalvos? Not the best prospect, that one. Neither is Vance for that matter. You really should start looking beyond glamour and the daring, men like that never settle my dear. Although I did, but I was never much of a looker. :)

Between you and me, I've heard of mirrors like that, heard they can talk, souls of the dead inside of them. Not sure I'm comfortable knowing you've got such a thing upstairs, you be careful with that Philomena. As for the room, it's yours, and I hope you stay for as long as you are able, that goes for Gwenllian too, and I'd like to have seen eve up on the beams, but that was not to be.

What's this?! :o Gwenllian can kill in her dreams?! I've had little to do with magic, but have been taught not to trust it. I hope that she takes great care too.

Still no sign of Lord MaceCready and Lady MaceCready? I hope they didn't get swept away. :shock:

Silas went to find me you say? Well, he never arrived. Hope the old sea dog is safe. He may have run into trouble on the way. We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed, although he's as tough as old boot leather that one, but loyal like a big puppy by the sounds of things.

Don't worry, tomorrow I'll search for the boy and his pa, and this Baal that you've talked of.

I think we should sleep now, I'm so glad to be back at the tavern. It's good to be with you and Gwenllian once again. I've even missed Sweeney a little. :)






Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:41 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
Oh Urat I'm fated to love men with a bit of the storm in them. Do you think I'd ever be happy with an ordinary mortal? Between you and me I prefer Vance to Kalvos but I don't need to look into my mirror to see that it will end in death and grief. Do you think you will find love again or are you like Jacob loving and faithful past death?

Yes, I am careful with the mirror. Better it is in my hands than someone who would abuse it. Your noble guests haven't arrived yet.

Hmm yes sleep, I could happily fall asleep on your comforting shoulder right now but you must be tired too. I shall go to bed now and dream happy dreams of you.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:47 am
Posts: 305
Location: Holme's Tavern
There are many outlaws and many knights, and they'll cancel each other out. You have to ask yourself do you love who they are or what they are? :?

My wife was an ordinary girl, but so fine to me, so good, and she loved me before I was a soldier, whilst I was a soldier and after I was a soldier, and when I took over the tavern from my pa. we grew together, until we were like one and the same.

It was a normal happy life, sometimes boring, but it was ours and we loved like there was no tomorrow, but sadly eventually there was and tomorrow does come at the end. :|

Don't look in the mirror for those kind of answers Philomena, just settle for the ordinary, it lasts and it can be just as good in time.

We decide our own fate, and Jacob and myself, we could never settle down with someone else, the bond is too strong and we both plan to join our wives when we die. That's the way it is.

I am tired, the journey is always long. Happy dreams to you Philomena. My shoulder is always there to lean on. :D




Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 7:30 pm
Posts: 236
Location: Kneeling down beside the privy!
That privy is bunged up again. :roll: I reckon I'm going to need a bigger brush Urat. Any sign of the missing guests? I just think they were on the scrounge, I wouldn't be surprised if they made their sob story up just to get a free lunch. Anyway, I'm going upstairs to hassle that pixie, she been staying here at half the normal price, and she keeps blubbing. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:48 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
Sweeney you leave that pixie alone. If anything I think you should pay half her bill after stealing her cart. Just go and unblock the privy and leave our customers alone.

Honestly Urat can't you do something about him?

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161 ... 1887  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group