It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 8:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139 ... 1887  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:02 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
I don't want you in any danger, I have already lost Fester and Darius, I don't want to lose another friend. Do just stay and have a drink.

Sonething calls him, that is not good. I know of things that call. The kelpie calls, the sirens call, the mermaids call and it is always to suit our own desires.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:14 pm
Posts: 19
Well, yes, I shall have another drink Gwenllian. I'm not very exciting company, unless you want to talk about shovels, or how to put up good fencing, or solid shelves.

The man's evil you think Philomena? I know nothing about him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:48 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
Not evil perhaps... Bur power comes at a price.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:51 am
Posts: 92
Location: Grimney Outlander
Do not speak. I must think. Yes. I was asleep. I am tired. It's the words you know, it's all in the words of the ancients. I must go to my bedchamber. I do not wish to be disturbed. No breakfast. No light. I shall wait for the two moons to rise before I appear again.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:30 pm
Posts: 388
Location: Hobsbane Waterfall
I'm sorry I have been away. There have been so many who have needed my help, and I have not been able to find Wraak anywhere. He told me he was helping Urat, but would not tell me where he was keeping him. mI can only trust that all is well.

_________________
Love all, forgive all, show mercy, condemn no-one.
May the King's peace be upon your body, mind, soul and spirit.
May love and joy be ever with you.

http://www.waycyber.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:58 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
Oh Wayland! I am so glad to see you again. Let me get you some juice and breakfast. Some of Gwenllian's famous swaffleberry mufffins perhaps?

Tell me how is brave Jacob doing under your care? Kalvos is mending well, I have used some of the oil you left last time but would be grateful for your healing hands again. I don't know if Glosnik told you but we have a new guest. He gave me some black beads to put by the knight's bed to cure his wounds. Glosnik advised me to wipe the beads with Hobsbane water t neutralise any evil but when I did the beads repel the water. Needless to say I haven't touched them since!

Eve was looking for you, her sister is very sick and eve has heard that a word from your king can cure any ill.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:30 pm
Posts: 388
Location: Hobsbane Waterfall
Thank you for the food. I missed that.

Jacob is fully recovered in body. He is resting, but should be back soon.

I will look to Kalvos. It was not that the beads repelled the water, but the water would not go near the beads. Black beads you say? They sound like blood beads. They are made from the blood of innocents, taken when their terror is at it's highest. They have the ability to take the life force from one person and pass it to the owner of the beads. It was the favourite gift of the Sea Lych, but that was over a thousand years ago.

The Sea Lych was queen of Abthos. She refused to accept her own death. She sought ways to prolong her life, mainly by stealing the life force of others. Although this was successful, she still aged, so she found ways to steal youth and beauty. She sent her minions all across the world in search of victims.

I had thought her long dead, but the black beads suggest otherwise.

The Instructor tells me that Eve's sister will recover. Eve, herself, is the means for that, as she will discover.

I am able to safely remove the beads. I can also reverse their power and restore life to Kalvos. I will do that now.

_________________
Love all, forgive all, show mercy, condemn no-one.
May the King's peace be upon your body, mind, soul and spirit.
May love and joy be ever with you.

http://www.waycyber.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:46 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
Thank you so much Wayland, I cannot express my gratitude but will shower you with blessings and friendship.

I suspect it was I who was the target of the beads not Kalvos. What is the life force of a half dead knight compared to the immortal youth and beauty of a sea maiden? Glosnik said I was in danger.

I will leave Kalvos to your tender care and return briefly to Grimney lake. The water beckons and I am sure the poor gwump has missed his mermaid friend, Cassandra never bothers to talk to him I'm afraid. Oh I can't wait to be swimming around in my true form.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:28 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 11:14 pm
Posts: 2215
Location: south Wales
Tell me Wayland, was a lock of hair used to take the youth and beauty from a person ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:30 pm
Posts: 388
Location: Hobsbane Waterfall
It may be that the knight was to become a slave of the owner of the beads. He would have to be brought within a breath of death then, when the beads are taken, he would only live as long as the bead's owner willed it.

As to youth and beauty, hair can be used, as can nails from fingers and toes, although these are not so potent as hair cuttings tend to be larger. Items of clothing or jewellery that have been constantly worn next to the skin can also be used, as they hold essences from the body. Again, this is less potent than hair.

_________________
Love all, forgive all, show mercy, condemn no-one.
May the King's peace be upon your body, mind, soul and spirit.
May love and joy be ever with you.

http://www.waycyber.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139 ... 1887  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group