It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 7:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135 ... 1887  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:38 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 11:14 pm
Posts: 2215
Location: south Wales
why should you think I doubt your integrity? I merely offer you a piece of gold, I thought you might be interested in it's history!!!
what do think of the beads Philomena? do you think they will heal the knight?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:41 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 11:14 pm
Posts: 2215
Location: south Wales
do you stay at the Tavern sir? if so I must go and prepare a guest chamber


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:44 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
I make no pretence that the magic of my storms is dark and I felt its dark power grow the more deaths it claimed. That is why I am cautious.

Take two strands of my hair but if anyone attempts to use them for magic they will turn into sea water. It is not that I don't trust you but my grandmother always told me to protect my hair.

Gwenllian take the beads in your hand and use your second sight. Perhaps this gentleman can help you with you runes.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:51 am
Posts: 92
Location: Grimney Outlander
You will not be able to read the beads, for they are protected by a greater force. I was the Queen's personal physician you know. I will decline the twig, I have no interest in gold, and magical items are often full of curses after all. Yes, I would like a room, one without mirrors and a single window looking to the North.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:56 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
Why no mirrors sir? I think mirrors are wonderful things, almost as wonderful as combs.

Talking of curses, the knight is protected by my curse Gwenllian so I'm sure this fine gentleman's beads will not harm the knight as someone as learned as the queen's personal physician would not want to risk such a curse.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:51 am
Posts: 92
Location: Grimney Outlander
If you have beauty then the mirror is something worth looking into, but I am old, and my youth has long since faded and I prefer not to be reminded of what I have become. That is why I collect locks of hair, for it never ages and remains as beautiful as the day it was snipped from someone's head. I imagine my room is prepared.

I may sleep all day, my journey was long, and I am very tired. Please do not disturb me. I never eat breakfast. Goodnight to you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:18 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
Yes it must be very sad to grow old. I hope you sleep well. I shall go to tend Kalvos.

Do you think I should use the beads Gwenllian? I will leave them if you think it best.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 51
Location: Hobsbane
Is there company here? Wraak has been away for some time, and Wayland occupies himself with the injured. I wish I could help, but my
gifts do not include healing.

Much has happened here since my last visit. New people have been here, or, perhaps, are here now.

All is not clear to me at the moment. The fairy Eve, I believe, is becoming aware of the great power within her. Someone else, the mermaid? Grief has taken her, but it begins to pass even now, and she is threatened.

How is that possible? There is one that desires to steal her - what - beauty? Immortality? Is that right? It is unclear.

And there is treachery. One who has come from a nearby city desires ill for the people here. Not as a fighter, but as a spreader of lies.

_________________
Truth is the strongest force in the universe.
It cannot be killed. It can be hidden, but will strive to stand revealed.
Deceit is as the morning mist when the light of truth rises.
Lies depend on lies, but truth stands for itself.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:36 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
Mornng Glosnik. You will know I am telling the truth when I tell you that it is good to see your face again.

My heart is still grieving for the deaths I've caused. I am a creature of love and protection but was forced to become one of destruction to save my friends. My heart does heal a little as I see the knight mend, I am sure true speaker you know the reason for that.

I am in danger? I am not surprised. Many men want many things from me.

I need your opinion on the old man upstairs. He has given me magic beads to heal Kalvos but it is magic that cannot be read which always makes me uneasy. Are they cursed or will they help? I will feel very rude and ungrateful if he was telling the truth and just wanted to help those he thought we good.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 51
Location: Hobsbane
Wipe the beads with water from Hobsbane. If they carry any harmful magic, it will be neutralised. Also, if you have any of Wayland's oil, put a little on the knight's head. That will give him peace and aid recovery.

If Wraak were here, he could help you with the pain you feel. In this area, he is more powerful than Wayland.

I will tell you a truth. To your very great cost, you have preserved life and freedom to many in this land.

_________________
Truth is the strongest force in the universe.
It cannot be killed. It can be hidden, but will strive to stand revealed.
Deceit is as the morning mist when the light of truth rises.
Lies depend on lies, but truth stands for itself.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135 ... 1887  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group