It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 11:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112 ... 1887  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:32 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
Grimney canno compete with the call of the ocean, it will always call me back. I am not a creature of the land. Maybe if I fell so deeply in love I could live a mortal life for a while but when my husband grows old and dies I would return to the sea.

Korben's words still worry me. Who does he run from and why would they want me?

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:00 pm
Posts: 60
Location: Holmes Tavern
I've never been one for the ocean, prefer the green, same as old Jeremiah Crockle. I like growing stuff too.

Sad to watch a loved one die. Yes, you can't deny your home, you return to the ocean and we return to the ground. I love the smell of the soil, especially the drier parts of the mire, touch of it is good.

Can you not die Philomena? Gwenllian and myself don't have that nature.

I can't answer your question, but Drake runs from all, and he had no fear many times back.

Korben plays games. He's from a dead race, hunted to extinction. Never seen his kind, other than him, he's perhaps the last. Bolte's raiders put an end to them, following Grimwood's orders.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:50 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 11:14 pm
Posts: 2215
Location: south Wales
I feel sorry for him, to be the last of your race must be a lonely thing, he causes misery to others to make himself feel better


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:54 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
I can be killed but I will not grow old and die like you. It is not a lonely immortality though, I share it with my kind. As for love, I love foolishly and recklessly and I try to love briefly, I do not want to suffer the grief of watching one I love die. I cannot help loving you humans and your mortality though, it is so fragile and beautiful.

I don't understand why he came here if we are all going to die. Which we aren't because my mirror doesn't lie and neither does the oracle fish.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:00 pm
Posts: 60
Location: Holmes Tavern
Maybe you're right Gwen. He wouldn't want pity, he doesn't feel much of anything, he's just words, and tricks. I think you care, that's a good quality in a place like this, we need more of that.

So, if we all die, you can bury us Philomena, against the belief of the mirror. I would ask to be taken to the Cemetery in Toraz and laid beside my wife, and a single pink rose placed between my fingers, so I can give it to her when I cross over and meet with the Zoriat spirits.

Why love briefly? When you can love forever? I've watched loved ones die. Just makes me love them more, the weaker they get. The last moment I held my beloved's hand was the moment I lost my love, but after I found it again and held on to it stronger and more painfully than ever.

Why is Korben here? He probably wants to die in some glory, instead of being hunted down and slaughtered. He knows this is more than just a battle between us and a bunch of gangsters.

You think we'll survive? Korben doubts your mirror, and it can't control the free will of humans. They make up their own minds about their lives.






Last edited by JacobVask on Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:10 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 11:14 pm
Posts: 2215
Location: south Wales
No I do not think our time has come to die, I think the people of Grimney will rise up to see off the foes. I don't know why Korben is here, but maybe he has some part to play that we cannot yet see, it may be a part that even he does not expect


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:00 pm
Posts: 60
Location: Holmes Tavern
I'm not that strong any more Gwen. I can fight, but I'm not the man I was. We are up against a large enemy, I'll do my best. That's all I can do. We should sleep, for tomorrow we may fight. I will do my best to protect you, I am sure you'll do the same for me.

Korben Drake has no more purpose than you or I, and as you say we don't know how important we are in the great scheme of things. It's all about survival. And I've survived many times. This is a small scale conflict, but it does seem way beyond me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:22 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
I can love forever but would I be loved forever in return? Besides I am likely to love someone who is hunted down and murdered rather than just ebbing away like the tide.

Maybe I can end this all now, summon a storm so terrible it kills all those waiting for our deaths and submit to its darkness. But I cannot, they deserve a chance to leave in peace. I have too many deaths to my name already.

I get a feeling Korben wants something from me, something more than fear and confusion. It makes me uneasy. He said I have power but what power do I have?

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:25 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 11:14 pm
Posts: 2215
Location: south Wales
I don't know maybe it's something that will show itself when the time comes, maybe you can heal his soul.
For now I think Jacob is right we should get some sleep, though maybe I will take a turn watching on the roof with our visitors.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:32 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
Sweet Gwenllian I do not think he wants his soul healed, he seems content with how it is.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112 ... 1887  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group