It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 12:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150 ... 1887  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:41 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
A good idea to keep him occupied. Try to keep our other guests upstairs too, it is no place for a child in such murky dealings.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:06 pm
Posts: 15
Location: Toraz
Your friend seems wary of your purchase. Why do you need to keep your guest upstairs occupied?

As for the price you must pay... One thousand three hundred. That is the deal, and not a tobran less. As for the other items in my cart they will cost a further six hundred.

The mirror was brought to me by a man named Loomis, I know little of its history, but I've seen things in it, and I am glad to be free of it.

I shall take a seat in the corner, and wait for Saygin. I may need a room for the night, as I will not return in darkness. I would like a bottle of your most expensive wine please.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:52 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
Our guest is a knight of the Queen's Elite, he would not be happy with our dealings. I'll pay your price, I don't want to haggle. Here is your money and here is your wine, it's from Farfell monastery.

The mirror isn't made for humans, they can't control it properly. It is like me, ruled by the moon. I shall use it well. I am very pleased with it.

Do stay, the mire is not safe at night.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:06 pm
Posts: 15
Location: Toraz
I do not haggle, as you know. I'm not some low life market salesman of cheap trinkets.

However, it is a bit of a risk me selling such items under the metal visor noses of the Queen's Elite. Still, as long as he remains asleep, he will he cause no problems.

Thank you for the tobran, I hope you don't mind if I count it. I assume the wine is on the house? And a deep shade of red. Farfell? Those monks press a good wine, although they drink more than they sell.

So what are you doing in this filthy tavern Philomena? A bit of a change from your normal high brow lifestyle.

Well that mirror, it blinded Loomis, and gave me bad dreams. Happy to be rid of it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:11 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
I have friends here Shevron Crow. You might think I'm slumming it, certainly no elven silk sheets and gold fittings here but it's cosy enoug.h if not fit for royalty. There's an interesting crowd here most nights. Besides the Oracle Fish told me to stay here.

Yes, wine on the house. Any food while you're waiting?

Yes the mirror can be dangerous if not used properly, and even more dangerous if it is used properly!

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:51 am
Posts: 92
Location: Grimney Outlander
Philomena, you have done well my dear friend. I shall join Shevron for a drink. Please bring me a tall glass so I may imbibe a little bloodwort.

I have a long night ahead. Have you brought me more salt? I shall be needing it. What is this mirror? I am very interested in all items of magic.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:28 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
I thought you didn't like mirrors Saygin? It's the Mirror of Selene, crafted from captured moonbeams. A scrying glass made by the three sorceresses of the Sea. One of a pair, my grandmother has its twin. When I return home I will give this to her as a gift.

I have got your salt, and here is your glass. I hope you mean only to do good with this bloodwort.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:06 pm
Posts: 15
Location: Toraz

I wonder why it blinded the previous owner, and gave me nightmares. I'm not human, so why it troubled me I do not know.

As for food. No thank you, I am not hungry. Thank you for the offer though, I shall enjoy the wine. I have Elven sheets in the cart, if you would like some, my brother Vaylon made them. They would cost you a lot though.

Yes. The bloodwort is here old friend, young Philomena has paid me for it. The mirror is not for you Saygin, I too know your aversion to mirrors.



Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:51 am
Posts: 92
Location: Grimney Outlander
I don't like mirrors, but I'm interested in all manner of magical items. The Mirror of Selene. I would like to know more when you have the time.

Oh my salt. Perfect. I shall be needing that later... And a glass of bloodwort, it will protect me in my task. Oh It will do me good my dear.

I shall sit with you for a spell Shevron, but no questions, for I will give you no answers, and if I do, I doubt that it will be the truth.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:46 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
Perhaps he tried to look at something he shouldn't have. I don't know about your dreams but maybe they were reflections of the curses some of your darker items carry.

I do not need sheets but perhaps some pillowcases to keep my hair at its best.

No questions Saygin, certainly. Shall we just discuss the weather instead?

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150 ... 1887  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group