It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 10:18 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144 ... 1887  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:15 pm
Posts: 4
Hello miss.... My son and me, have just crossed the mire, we're cold, tired and we need a room. We don't have much money, we lost our home in the flood, the boy's ma drowned. It's been a grim week for our family.


Attachments:
File comment: Dad, I'm thirsty, and I'm tired.
FamaVanDerBrooke.jpg
FamaVanDerBrooke.jpg [ 3.75 KiB | Viewed 651 times ]


Last edited by VanDerBrooke on Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:11 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
You don't need to pay. I'm truly sorry for your loss. Did she drown in the storms? If so it is my fault and I will try to do anything to make it up to you.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 7:30 pm
Posts: 236
Location: Kneeling down beside the privy!
Oh no! Philomena! Please. :o Take no notice sir! Our lovely barmaid has a guilt complex, she thinks she can control the weather. It's not true at all.

She did not raise the storms, if that is how your good wife died. As for paying for your room. We can knock off a tobran or two. We are not without compassion here. Would you like some radigan pie or some hot soup?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:15 pm
Posts: 4
Thank you both, you're very kind, we'll go and sit by the fire. Thank you again.


Attachments:
File comment: Thank you.
FamaVanDerBrooke.jpg
FamaVanDerBrooke.jpg [ 3.75 KiB | Viewed 647 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:30 pm
Posts: 388
Location: Hobsbane Waterfall
I'm caring for a friend who is soul sick at the moment. This is not easy. If I give him peace, it just hides what is causing the real pain. I must watch and wait while he deals with it himself. Hopefully, I will be able to give him the strength and courage to help him.

I thought I would come here and get some food for this man and others of my company. Food to lift the spirit, sustain the body, and lighten the soul. Perhaps you could give me some to take away?

_________________
Love all, forgive all, show mercy, condemn no-one.
May the King's peace be upon your body, mind, soul and spirit.
May love and joy be ever with you.

http://www.waycyber.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 7:30 pm
Posts: 236
Location: Kneeling down beside the privy!

Hmm. Looks like a bit of cross breeding there Philomena. He's got pointy ears, and the boy looks human. I'll go and prepare some food for them. :? You can see to Wayland.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:34 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
Sweeney if you are not going to let me take the blame, at least let me cover their expenses. It breaks my heart to see what my storms have done.

That must be hard Wayland. Would you like some radigan
pie?

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:51 am
Posts: 92
Location: Grimney Outlander
Soul sick you say? Well that is very sad. I'm not sure we've met. You are a wizard of some kind. My name is Saygin Baal. Do you have any bloodwort wine? I would like a glass please Philomena.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:40 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
I don't think we do sir. Can I get you a brandy, firewater or perhaps some moonbeam liquer? Oh we have normal wine too.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:51 am
Posts: 92
Location: Grimney Outlander
Your wizard friend seems a little unfriendly. I see we have two new guests. How old is the boy? He looks very young. Poor thing. It is hard to lose a parent. I watched mine die. A painful end it was.

I cannot drink ordinary wine, only bloodwort, and firewater and moonbeam do not agree with me generally. So you are running the tavern bar alone this night Philomena?

Oh have you used the beads yet? I assume you have not done so. I will be going out into the mire shortly, I would ask that you lend me a key, or leave the door unlocked. Oh, I would like two bags of salt if you have it.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144 ... 1887  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group