It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Banqueting Hall
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:18 am 
Site Admin

Oh. But anyone can drug someone. Not that I would even know what to use to weaken him sufficiently.

*She shakes her head.*

I thought you were a man of influence. Surely you can help me more? Perhaps arrange for Regar to be replaced with someone else... Say that you have evidence he was going to intentionally let Kalvos win? That would dishonour him without the need for Kalvos to fight him... As for Devlok, can't you have him replaced with a weaker knight? Someone who is a old and feeble that the Queen's Elite has no use for?

*The mermaid sighs and crosses her legs. The slit in her dress exposes her long, elegant legs almost to the hip. She smiles as Remus Casson stares transfixed at the black lace garter against her smooth skin.*

I suppose I could try to speak to someone on the High Council.... But would they listen to me? I would not know the right thing to say... But you would. Wouldn't you Remus darling?

*She throws her arms around the man's neck.*

I am so lost... What can I do? Oh Remus... A man such as you, you could make everything right for me. Couldn't you? You could do that for your beautiful mermaid?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:23 pm 
Site Admin

I am a man of influence My Lady. That I am certain of. It would be better all round if Kalvos was to kill Regar. But to discredit the man would be just as good. Dead heroes continue to gain a reputation.

*He strokes Philomena’s partially bare leg and salivates*.

I do like the idea. It must be said. Devlok is in my service and fighting in the Maljoras. I could keep him there. An old warrior? I have two in mind. Trylax. I think you know of him. As for the other. Well, I shall see if I can enlist the fellow against his will.

*He continues to gaze at her black lace garter, and slides his thumb beneath the material*.

Yes. I suppose I could talk to the High Council. Yes. I could do just that. More wine?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:38 pm 
Site Admin

Trylax... Kalvos cares for him, it would grieve him to fight him. But if there are no others you can think of... We want what is best for Kalvos, don't we? I would do anything to keep him alive.

*She smiles and nods.*

Yes more wine please. You are so kind to help me Remus, I won't forget it.

*The mermaid glances down at her garter.*

Remus darling... The servants are here and the musicians... But I will let you have the garter if you like it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:26 am 

*Marly enters with two plates of whitebait and lemon and places them down in front of Philomena and Remus*.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:40 am 
Site Admin

Lecree you’ve taken far too long to serve this. I don’t know what going on down in the kitchen but you can tell the chef. You can tell her she’ll be getting my whip! And bring more wine!

*He smiles at Philomena*.

Yes, I’ll help Kalvos. And if Trylax is not suited then I’ll select another. I do have a knight in mind.

*Pats her leg*.

Don’t you worry My Lady. And yes, I’ll take the garter. It'd be like a trophy. And more would be better. What you need is another glass of wine.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:30 am 
Site Admin

Yes more wine,please... The food looks delicious and worthy of waiting.

*Philomena smiles.*

Kalvos will be grateful too, your kindness is welcome to us both and I shall make him aware of your kindness... Oh we were speaking of Trylax, although I do not wish Kalvos to fight Trylax, the knight Trylax has been rude to me... Could you arrange to have him sent away to some far-off post? Keep him away from the mire.

*Philomena slowly and sensually rolls the garter down her leg. She presses it to her lips then holds out to the man.*

There you go Remus, still warm from my flesh... Just a token. As for more....well do you decorate your troops with medals before they go to battle? No. It is once the battle is won they are rewarded. Don't worry though, if you see to it that Kalvos wins his freedom I will be very free and generous in my gratitude...

*She takes a sip of wine and sighs.*

I really should be returning to the tavern soon.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:05 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you My Lady.

*Remus takes the garter and places it around his wrist and then looks down at the white bait and grins*.

It’ll do for a starter. Yes. More wine. And yes My Lady... I will appreciate your gratitude in abundance. Kalvos will win. Even if I have to find him a half blind old cripple of a knight to fight.

*He snorts and laughs. Remus pours Philomena another glass of wine and then picks up a silver knife and fork and begins to eat the white bait*.

Service is very slow this evening. The chef only has one arm, but that’s no excuse.

*He stuffs his face full of white bait, and wipes his mouth on a napkin*.

It’s good to be rich isn’t it Princess. I sometimes think of the beggars I see. It makes me smile to know that I can eat and drink as much as I like without ever having to worry about how much tobran I have.

*He smiles*.

I’m glad you like the food. Only the best for my pretty Princess. I think you and I will become grand companions.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:10 pm 
Site Admin

It is lovely.

*Philomena eats daintily.*

You have treated me so kindly and have been such a generous host, it will be such a shame to leave. But I must.... Kalvos will be feeling my absence from his bed.

*She smiles.*

We must keep this between ourselves, Kalvos would not understand. He doesn't see that winning a battle is more important than how one wins the battle. Too much honour.

*The mermaid shakes her head.*

You are a man of keener intelligence Remus. It delights me we are friends. Perhaps we should play chess after dinner, I am sure you are brilliant

*She continues to listen to the band.*

I want these musicians to play at my wedding. Oh do say you will send them for me, as a wedding gift! I must leave a bag of tobran for them all, as a token of my appreciation.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:46 pm 
Site Admin

I am a true gentleman. Grimney society needs a kind compassionate man like me taking care of things. You are welcome to stay as long as you like.

*He smiles and finishes his starter*.

A game of chess. Yes. A game I enjoy. Two warring armies face to face and slaughtering each other. An immense pleasure.

*He looks at the band*.

They are good at what they do. I will send them if you wish it.

*He places his hand on Philomena’s thigh and strokes it*.

Don’t you worry. Kalvos will be kept safe, I’ll find some old knight to sacrifice. Now where is the main course. The chef takes so long to serve dinner!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:17 pm 
Site Admin

I like chess, although I am not so good at it. I am sure you can teach me. In the Dudrassa we play a different game, called the Queen of Queens. It's very complex, played by many and it takes months to complete. Each has a board, a crown and a dozen pearls, I won't go into the ins and outs of it, but the aim is to control, manipulate, deal and finesse the other players so that some lose their crowns and others support you until you are declared the Queen of Queens. The weaker 'Queens' who support the winning 'Queen of Queens' are also winners and collect their prize. You would not believe the cheating that goes on, although of course that is part of the game.

*Philomena smiles.*

You really have been a fine host, but I must get back after this meal. I have to return to my family. But I shall not leave you lonely too long, I shall return if you want me too.... Although at the speed of this service I may have to leave before dessert. Perhaps we should start our chess game now to entertain us in between course?

*The mermaid looks over to the band and sighs.*

Music, that brings me divine happiness. I only wish I had my harp with me so I could join their playing. Yes, I shall leave a purse of monies for them and thank you for saying they can play at my wedding.

*She takes Casson's hand from her thigh and squeezes it.*

You are a true gentleman and so kind.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next