It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:24 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:29 pm 
Site Admin

With Darl's help, my father will end this war. Until then... Karina is only safe in hiding.

*She pushes Kalvos gently away from her and gives a sad smile.*

You must be careful of your stitches and I should not touch you like that... it reminds me of what I have lost.

*The mermaid takes a deep breath*

What you need is good food and a good rest. Let me get you some spare clothes, it is fortunate you and Vortigern are the same size. There is a chaise longue I'm my dressing room, perhaps you should sleep there tonight.

*She returns with a spare set of clothes and turns away from Kalvos .*

I must speak with Vortigern, your return will no doubt make him feel insecure. He is upset enough that I would not leave Darl to die... He hates Darl so much.

*She sighs*

You must not think Darl... What I mean is that he does not treat me as badly as Vortigern might say. Darl... well I am not a good wife, I guess you always worried that I was not suited to human marriage and perhaps you were right. Whatever Vortigern might say... my marriage is not...

*Philomena turns red and whispers.*

My marriage is not unbearable...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:03 am 

*Kalvos smiles sadly*.

You've not lost me...

*He begins to dress slowly, his injuries making movement difficult*.

Vortigern's clothes... I'll dress like him, but I'll never think like him....

*He chuckles*.

Insecure? Is he? I always thought it was just selfishness...

*He begins to fasten his black tunic, he looks over his shoulder at Philomena*.

Do you have some affection for Darl? What happens when the war is over? Do you choose any of us? Or none of us?

*He shakes his head and sighs*.

We were happy together, you and I.... You still have my heart...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:54 am 
Site Admin

I still have your heart? Did I ever really have it?

*Philomena looks sad*

Half your heart always belonged to the Queen's Elite, even once you fought your duel. That is why you brought that assassin Styer to my door.

*The mermaid shakes her head*

These are all just words... you promised you would always love and protect me, but where was your protection when Draygon the Scar tried to rape me? Where were you when the High Council sent assassins to Karina's crib and we had to flee for our lives wearing nothing but our night clothes? It was my father who gave me protection... and in return I have given him this alliance with Darl.

*She sighs and shakes her head*

Don't be unkind to Vortigern. He has had a hard life but he is loyal to me. He says I always put others before him... Perhaps he is right... but Vortigern shows me his love, honestly and passionately and I can't forget that. Do I have affection for Darl?

*Philomena looks at her wedding ring and gives a hollow laugh*

No. I couldn't feel anything close to affection for him. I pity him sometimes, that is the closest I feel to affection. But after the war...

*The mermaid lowers her head*

I still don't get to choose. Darl is my husband, I have no other choice. He says he will build me a palace on a lake in Kanara, perhaps I will be happy there... and as for you. I love you, I always will be in love with you but cannot just forget everything that has happened...Everything that you have let happen to me.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:22 am 

*Sousie leads Zaran into the bathroom. They both stop at stare with amazement at the marble and gold bathtub*

So this is the Princess's bathroom... would you ever believe it? I have never been here before.

*She begins to run the bath and looks at the little girl*

The kitchen maids all sleep in a room this size, we have one tin bath by the fire.

*She sighs*

What it must be like to be a princess... ain't you the luckiest girl alive to be taken in by her? She's so dazzling and beautiful... I must admit she makes me a bit nervous, I feel like such a grimy fool standing afore her!

*The maid looks at the door leading to the dressing room where Kalvos is resting*

That is where they keep her dresses... The chamber maids say she has over a hundred gowns and each more beautiful that the next. Satins and silks, diamonds and pearls... truly she must be the happiest creature that ever lived, don't you think?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:48 am 

I was happy without money...

*Zaran looks sad*.

My family never had much, they drew water from the well and washed in the lake, but they liked their life. I'll feel luckier when my parents have been found....

*She looks through the door at Kalvos*.

Why does the Princess have so many men in her quarters?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:54 am 

Oh you poor girl... you do know...

*She shakes her head*

You do realise that your parents are probably... look you should just get used to living in the castle and be grateful that you haven't been left to starve.

*She frowns*

So many men? What you mean by that?

*She looks through and sees Kalvos*

Not sure he is supposed to be there. Maybe I should ask Master Jett. He might be a burglar!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:07 am 

Dead...

*She sits down on the floor and the tears fall*.

Why do they keep fighting each other? What for?

*She wipes her nose on her fingers*.

I'm still not hungry...

*She looks back at Kalvos*.

Why would the princess keep a man that's not her husband in her bedroom? Not supposed to be there? Surely she'd see him...

*She sniffs and looks up at Sousie*.

Yes lots of men...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:01 am 

Heard it was religious nutters that attacked your village... burning all those who do not recognise some renegade knight as a prophet of the Zoriat. People only ever fight for two reasons, money and religion.

*She looks back at Kalvos sleeping*

He looks like a soldier, perhaps he is another bodyguard what with her husband being half dead. Handsome, isn't he? Two bodyguards don't seem like lots.

*The maid looks at the weeping girl*

Don't go getting all snotty... you need a hanky. I will go back to the Princess and see if you can borrow one.

*She leaves the room*

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:19 am 
Site Admin

*The mermaid rushes into the bathroom and retch es over the sink. She trembles as she looks at her reflection*

Morning sickness... why does it always happen in the evening?

*She shakes her head as she cleans up and notices the girl crying by herself*

I forgot you were here... What is wrong? Are you crying because you are homesick? You will return there soon, I am sure.

*She smiles sadly*

Never give up hope... For if you do...

*She sighs and glances towards the door between her and Kalvos*

You lose more than you can imagine... Do you like stories? I can comb your hair and tell you one if you wish.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:46 am 

*Zaran looks sad*.

You're sick?... Do you think it's the disease?....

*She looks nervous*.

Everything was fine a short time ago... Now life has changed so much... I don't know what to do...

*The tears fall*.

My parents... The people in our village were so lovely...

*She looks at the Princess with concern*.

Maybe you should see a doctor?.. More important than telling stories Princess Philomena.....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next