It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:37 pm 

Kya!

*Jana shoots her a warning look*

Watch your tongue in front of the child.

*She smiles at Kalvos as she gently strokes Sylvie's cheek*

My maid forgets herself sometimes, but she's a good girl. What are you going to do about Sylvie? Will you take her with you to Stormrock? The Princess is known for her kindness, she might take her in... but the offer for her to stay here still stands.

*She gives Kalvos a sympathetic smile*

Perhaps you could go to Stormrock and return for her once your business is concluded with the Princess? It will give her time to grieve.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:37 am 

Stormrock.... Yes.... I must go there... I shall fight for peace if I have to fight for anything... Philomena... We shall see what must be...

*Kalvos shakes his head*.

I have considered travelling to Holme's Tavern.... I have friends there.... It's also an ideal place to find mercenaries.

*He smiles sadly at the young girl*.

Sylvie.... You must stay where you feel safest. I understand your feelings about me and as much as I wish to protect and take care of you, your life is your choice....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:43 am 

Why are you hiring mercenaries if you are fighting for peace? You're planning to kidnap the Princess, not fight for peace. I can't fight. I ain't no use to you, you'd probably just sell me as a slave so you could afford another hired sword.

* She looks at Kalvos seriously*

I am gonna stay here. I don't wanna be stuck in a marsh surrounded by outlaws! And I don't wanna be anywhere near a cold blooded killer like you and your friends in the Queen's Elite. Most of us are glad Carados has returned, the High Council treated us bad but Carados has come to free Queen Eleanour and her people. The only people who want to fight him are ones that wanna keep us downtrodden.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:57 am 

*Jana suppresses a triumphant smile*

It looks like the child has made her choice. If you like I can write to you at Holme's Tavern to let you know how the child is doing. Just to warn you, the creatures of the mire are loyal to Philomena and by that virtue they are loyal to Carados as she is loyal to him. I would be discreet in what you say about him.

*She looks at Kya.*

Go tell Mother Gray to prepare a permanent room for our little Sylvie. When the child is ready, we should throw a little party to welcome her to our family and invite some of our friends.

*Kya leaves the room and Sylvie looks dazed as she finishes her milk.*

I think you need to rest little one... it has been an emotional time for you. I know, I felt the same once. Go and close your eyes... but say farewell to the knight first, it may be the last time you ever see him and he did save your life.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:43 am 

Please don't think ill of me Sylvie. I never brought war to this land and I have only ever defended others against it. But I must fight for what I think is right. I will not support the High Council.... Neither will I join Carados and Thranmere....

*Kalvos bows his head and looks sad*.

I just want an end to war.... I have to fight for that end...... I have to fight to win back Philomena....

*He looks up at Sylvie with a tear in his eye*.

But again, I am sorry. I will return for you. If you wish. I do care.....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:03 am 

*Zinnia enters the room*

Sylvie is to stay here? But she is...

* She looks at Jana and turns pale. She swallows with fear and then turns a thin smile to Sylvie*

I am glad you like it here... I... I hope you will not be too unhappy... I mean.. I am so sorry about your grandfather.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:57 pm 

Zinnia, take the child to bed... she can barely keep her eyes open.

*Jana gives a smile as she sees that the effects of the drugged milk has taken effect*

No doubt it is the strain of the day.

*She sighs and looks at Kalvos*

I am sorry the child seems so angry with you... she is just lashing out. But I will make things better for her. I will do what I can to make everything right again.

*Jana moves closer to Kalvos, she wears the same seductive rose perfume as Philomena. She strokes the man's strong arm and gives him a gentle kiss on the cheek.*

I do wish I could do something to make everything better for you... but your heart is clearly set on a dream of the past. Perhaps I can help though, you need a horse. I have a horse, she's a bit of an old nag but she is better than nothing. You should take her, as a gift from me to you. After all, you protected an innocent like Sylvie, you deserve a reward for your kindness to a poor orphan girl. I am sorry I can give you no more.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:22 am 

*Kalvos briefly closes his eyes and smiles sadly as the scent of the perfume enters his nostrils*.

The offer of a horse is kind.... I should pay you. I cannot accept such a gift, besides a little tobran from me will pay for Sylvie's upkeep.

*He frowns and smiles*.

I wish her kept safe, for I will come back for her, that I promise.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:28 am 

I promise you that Sylvie will be kept safe here. As for her upkeep... well she will cost barely anything to keep, I have plenty of rooms and plenty of food. Her clothing will cost very little, as we can alter some of my old dresses. Zinnia is a very clever elf and will teach her what she needs to know as the schools are all shut. If they reopen, then I will note down any costs she occured if you wish? But we have everything covered, I assure you.

*Jana takes his hand and strokes it*

Please accept the horse as a gift, she really has very little monetary value and costs more to maintain than she is worth. I know that you will take good care of the beast... and use her for a good cause.

*She leans forward and kisses him once more on the cheek.*

Accept my gift in the spirit it is intended... I just wish there was more I could do to lift your spirits.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:44 am 

*Kalvos pulls his hand away*.

You've been most kind.

*He stands up*.

The gift of the horse will be a great help.

*Kalvos smiles*.

Knowing Sylvie will be face here, I should take my leave. I need to travel to Holmes Tavern. From there I can find mercenaries to help me rescue Philomena from that vile creature Thranmere....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next