It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:26 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:29 pm 
Site Admin

I think I will pass on the stew, I don't eat humans they are too fattening.

*She smiles faintly*

Of course the Queen shall stay on the throne, it will be my son's in the course of time but to seize it now would cause instability. You Kanarans and Grimnians are so shortsighted! You have spent centuries feuding and have gained nothing, while there are richer pickings down south that you ignores. Of course the merchants of the Southern Lands fund both sides for war, making a profit and distracting you from larger prizes.

*Philomena's gaze sweeps across the table*

I ask you to spill your blood not to give my family a solitary throne, but to build us an empire. As my mermaid family rule all the waves, my human family can rule all the lands. You won't achieve that by petty squabbling with the Queen's Elite. Look for glory and victory, fight for an empire that will be so vast that the sun will never set on it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:51 pm 

My family were once great, one by one my grandfathers, uncles, father, brother and cousins were cut down in war. What do we have to show for it? Not one inch of land more that we had before.

*He drinks deeply and clears his throat*

I am willing to fight and die but it must be for something. Grimney and Kanara are equally matched, if we don't do something different then all we will do is shed different blood on the same soil. If we unite with the Grimnians, we can sweep South. We can build an empire...

*Thren looks over at the Princess*

And we will have the most beautiful, powerful Empress the land has ever know. We can all stick heads on pikes, killers are hardly scarce... but pure beauty that is more rare than purple diamonds. I will fight for you Princess, I will give my blood to make you more than a Queen.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:55 pm 

Bah! Typical Islanders, always looking for ways to weasel out of getting your hands dirty. We were promised the throne of Grimney, we were promised the heads of the Queen's Elite as our trophies! What does your opinion matter, you are barely a Kanaran.

*He spits on the floor*

Look at you, all dressed up not battle ready.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:00 pm 

Take that back before I split you open.

*Thren draws his sword and puts the blade to Usk's throat*

I have proved myself on the battlefield and in the duelling arena to be more worthy a swordsman than any around this table.

*He looks round*

Of course you all take pride in appearing around the table with your armour carefully smeared with mud and blood. I was like you all less than an hour ago.

*Thren smiles and bows to the Princess*

But I judged it better to appear before our Princess, more clean and proper. We are not all savages in Kanara, Your Grace.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:07 pm 
Site Admin

Cease your fighting! I believe you all to be worthy to sit around this table, draw your swords on my enemies not each other.

*She smiles at Thren*

Although I admire your passion...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:07 am 

It is not simply the land we wish to gain, it is war which drives us forward. I think of my injuries and must take pride in my scars.... Deep though they are....

*He frowns and holds up the missing fingers on his right hand*.

For here once I wore my wedding bond.... Given by my wife who perished in the Grimnien invasion.... All that was of love has gone....

*Yorigan looks at the grim faces around the table and his one eye fixes on Thren*.

What beauty is left for warriors such as us? We stay smeared in blood, we cannot hide what we are, we are born killers one and all....

*He looks up at the Princess and smiles respectfully*.

Empires fall.... We are the men that break empires not build them... Our loyalty to Lord Thranmere and you is absolute Princess.... But war is life for us, and without it a Kanaran warrior is nothing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:35 am 

*Bron grins and looks sheepishly at the Princess and his colleagues*.

I'll go either way as long as better food is served at our table....

*He slides the plate of bloodied meat away and drinks his beer*.

The ale is good, but if this is the best that Grimney has to offer I question why we wish to make this land our own...

*He chuckles*.

I care little for the war, I was hired simply to fight for the highest bidder... My loyalty is with you Princess....

*He bows his head and smiles*.

I'll kill any man woman or child for a pocketful of gold....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:44 pm 

*The good captain arrives flushed from the effort of running up the stairs. He enters hurriedly and bows*

Your Highness...

*He salutes to the room*

Generals... I beg your pardon, I have news for the Princess.

*He whispers to Philomena*

Lord Thranmere is awake, he asks for you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:52 pm 
Site Admin

*The mermaid shrugs*

I will come when I feel like it. You are dismissed Captain.

*She looks around the room and gives an enchanting mermaid smile, for a brief moment each man feels dizzy and magically compelled to do some daring act to win her attention. Philomena takes a sip of wine and looks amused.*

Now where were we...

*She stops her enchantment before the men carry out their brave deeds*

Discussing ale and food... Yes, Darl's cellar and table is lacking. I will have to do something about it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:25 am 

*Garish smiles at the Princess and raises his glass of ale*.

The men in the barracks are not being fed as well as the orphans in your care. I stand by you Princess, all of us do, there is concern among those at the table that Lord Thranmere may not be well or fit enough to lead us.

*He drinks his ale and places the glass gently down upon the table*.

Strength is needed in a leader and to be carried off the battlefield wounded creates a judgement.

*Garish runs his finger gently around the glasses rim*.

Lord Thranmere is vulnerable to challenge, I am not one who would step forward, but the danger is that others may take the opportunity.... I would be concerned for you Princess should such an event occur.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next