It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Stormrock Castle
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:48 am 

My dearest child are vampires not victims too? They suffer greatly, unable to see the sun and reduced to such a wretched existence.

*Baal looks saddened and stares down into his cup of cold tea*.

I pity their tragedy. We must agree that all creatures have value.

*He looks up from beneath his hood and his nose twitches*

These are harsh times but we all must do what we can to survive.

*He smiles*.

Darl.... It seems unlikely that he would leave you princess, kanaran men believe in the old adage until death do us part. Such unions are only annulled by execution or murder. They are brutally romantic in their loyalty.

*He nods and his eyes dart nervously back and forth*.

I thought you wished to bring peace to this land my dear? To settle with Kalvos would be a chaotic choice. He maybe noble in nature but he has no status.

*Baal narrows his eyes*.

Perhaps in secret you could find a champion to challenge Darl. His death is your only escape, and with a warrior to challenge your husband you can maintain control of the Kanarans should Darl be defeated.

*He grins*.

And then you can have Kalvos as your suitor should you choose him...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:42 am 
Site Admin

What makes you think any of this is about Kalvos? He is nothing to me now. Nothing but a servant! We had a chance of happiness together and he wasted it. His loyalty was never with me. He is nothing to me, Vortigern is nothing to me.

*Philomena puts her cup down so violently it shatters*

You lie, Saygin! There have been Kanaran divorces, I have read books of Kanaran history. You want me to believe there is no other way so I am forced into murder.

*She picks up the saucer and throws it against the wall in a temper. Outside a thunderstorm rages so violently that the walls of the castle shake*

You want chaos? You want to see what I can unleash? Make no mistake Saygin if you push me much further you will see the true chaos that a Storm Maiden can bring.

*She stands up tall and strides towards him, her blue eyes turning to the dark purple of storm clouds*

I know Saygin... I know it was you drip drip dripping tales of my beauty like poisoned honey into Darl's ears so that he demanded me as his bride. You knew what suffering I would endure... well if you do not find a bloodless resolution, an amicable divorce... you shall feel the full force of my anguish.

*A gale bursts open the windows and the force blows the rest of the crockery onto the floor.*

Get out! Get out you vile creature before I murder you on the spot... any more deaths of these men and I will hold you responsible. Be gone you foul pestilent wretch! Pray Darl does not learn of your treasonous words.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:56 am 

*Saygin Baal stands shakily and stumbles backwards falling over his robes*.

I am just a frail old man.... I have never meant harm to anyone.... Such threats to me at my old age are cruel and hurtful....

*He stoops and limps towards the door*.

I know that Darl will not divorce you. Why should he? Why would he break the alliance? And Kalvos and Vortigern they matter not to you I know..... And I can keep your secrets... My loyalty to you is absolute....

*Baal looks back his eyes dancing nervously from side to side*.

I am merely a pawn in the game of life... But I will do my duty to protect you dearest Philomena... Regardless of your threats I understand your fears....

*He bows and exits the chamber*.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:25 pm 
Site Admin

*The mermaid sinks to the floor and sobs amongst the shattered porcelain*

I... will find a peaceful way... I will find a way to leave Darl...

*She rests her hand on her stomach*

For you my son... you are the only person I love.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:52 am 

*Kalvos enters and sees the princess upon her knees. He steps forward and kneels down beside her*.

Philomena....

*He reaches out to the princess, but does not touch her*.

I....

*He draws back shakes his head and lowers his eyes*.

It's been such a journey.... And to find you on your knees.... You know I'd never wish to see you suffer.... All the good I could do...

*He sighs deeply*.

I never did...

*He places his hand lightly upon her arm*.

Philomena. I was always loyal and I always cared...

*His eyes glisten with tears*.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:54 pm 
Site Admin

You were loyal...?

*Philomena laughs bitterly*

Loyal to who? Sir Robert who posted you to the tavern to spy on me... I mean you did know that's why you were there? To protect me and report back to him? Or did he neglect to tell you that? We were never meant to fall into bed together, Sir Robert choose you because he thought your loyalty to him would overcome any lust. He was mistaken.

*She sighs and strokes his face tenderly. Her fingers lightly brush his lips*

Still so handsome... there was once a time that a kiss from those lips would make my troubles melt away... but now I know that all that comes from those lips are broken promises.

*She stops crying and takes a deep breath. The storm outside calms. The mermaid looks down at her left hand that has been cut by sharp shards of porcelain. Blue blood drips onto the floor*

The blood of human kings and mermaid Queens flows in my veins... and yet I am cowed on the floor. Am I broken? Can I rise?

*She holds her hand up and looks at the blood*

It doesn't hurt... I have been hurt so much already that this pain is inconsequential.

*Philomena looks at Kalvos and frowns slightly*

We are not at the tavern any more. You must call me Princess in front of others, there can be no familiarity. Even Vortigern calls me Princess here in Stormrock... Philomena ceased to exist the day I married Lord Thranmere.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:49 am 

We were both born into lives we did not choose..... Princess.... I was not supposed to have feelings, but I did.

*He looks at the Princesses injury and reaches out*.

Let me take your hand, you'll need a bandage.

*Kalvos sighs and bows his head*.

I would always rather write than fight, to have you in my arms rather than bear them. I've never wanted to go to war and I've always fought to protect...

*He reaches across and almost touches the Princesses face*.

I would lose everything for you and I have...For where am I now, but on my kness beside you.

*He looks up and stares into Philomena's eyes*.

Promises were broken, but my heart remains intact because you are at its centre and it is you that holds it together.

*He shakes his head and his eyes glisten*.

I may perish in this war, but love never dies.You will always exist for me. I can only offer my loyalty. For Thranmere lives and we must fight for peace and protect the realm.

*He smiles gently and speaks softly*.

Now may I call someone to bandage your hand?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:26 pm 
Site Admin

Nobody chooses their birthright, but we are luckier than most. How many little girls dream of being a princess? How many little boys dream of the adventurous life of a knight? Perhaps we are ungrateful?

*She looks down at her hand and shakes her head. Philomena struggles to her feet, she looks sad.*

Vortigern usually looks after me when I am hurt... but I can manage by myself. After all, I am only hurt because I lost my temper and started throwing things around.

*The mermaid dips her hand into a silver basin full of crystal clear water*

Your loyalty is tarnished. You came to the tavern to spy on my for Sir Robert and you never told me the truth. I trusted you and you were so busy trying to undermine my father that you brought an assassin to my side... you swore your loyalty to the Queen and betrayed her for the sake of my bed. What does your loyalty mean now?

*She sighs and looks at Kalvos*

But I do need you. You may be my only escape.

*The mermaid pours seawater over her hand*

In the Dudrassa I would heal in seconds... Now all I have is my homesea in a bottle.

*She glances down at Kalvos*

If you stay then you need to follow the rules. Just like Vortigern... you can protect me against everyone... except Darl. When he... you just need to turn a blind eye to his... whatever he does to me, you have to ignore it. Can you promise me that?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:23 am 

*Kalvos looks thoughtful and gazes up at the Princess*.

I have my humanity. I am a knight no longer. My only place is by your side. Even though I have let you down, and our child....

*Looks away in sadness*.

I have no reputation of honour left and for all those I have been loyal to, I fell very short of their expectations.

*He nods and smiles and stands wearily upon his feet*.

I am scarred inside and out. I try to protect, but all you see is my betrayal....

*He looks at Philimena and gives a slight smile but it quickly vanishes into a look of a lost child*.

I still have poetry in my heart for you... I loved beyond reason.... And I have always tried to follow the rules given to me, but my emotions unwarranted in a Knight have always got in my way....

*Kalvos kneels upon one leg*.

I will do my best to remove the taint, I will serve you as you wish. And if I can help you escape I shall. You have my word Princess...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:23 pm 
Site Admin

Do not bend you knee to me like you are a knight in my service. Please, I can't bear it.

*Philomena looks distressed and pulls Kalvos to his feet.*

So you promise then? I need to know that you will not confront Darl even though he is an abusive brute. The way you can help me iescape is through the law... at least I hope. While Darl is recovering I hope to send for a lawyer to see if my marriage to Darl is legal.

*She sighs and looks at Kalvos*

No... When I look you I don't just see your failure... I see that sadness in your eyes again. That same lonely sadness you had when you came to the tavern.

*She rests her hand on his cheek and speaks softly*

I... I always wanted to heal that pain...

*The mermaid moves closer and kisses Kalvos on the lips. A warm glow spreads down the man's body and the wound at his side begins to heal.*

I'm sorry... I made your life worse. I ruined you. I ruined your life. I just destroy everything.

*Philomena puts her hand to her mouth and fights back her tears*

Perhaps this marriage to Darl is what I deserve.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next