It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18882 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1885, 1886, 1887, 1888, 1889  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:39 pm 

Both of us failed Philomena... but I intend to ensure I never fail her again. I thought that if I stayed away from her, if I cut her off from the human side, then my enemies would never do her harm. I was wrong and she is so headstrong she came to land to find me. As soon as I knew she was in this cursed land, I returned to her. My only concern was and is to protect her. And my grandchild. You do not understand the love that a parent can have for a child because you were never loved by your parents, you were a bastard to be hidden and forgotten about.

*He opens a locket and looks at a miniature portrait of his granddaughter*

Although illegitimate, my grandchild will not have such a fate. It must be almost two years since you saw Karina. She will have changed so much you probably would not recognise her. She will certainly never recognise you now and the Princess is married... you have no family. All you would bring is misery and guilt.

*His eyes fall on the unwritten letter*

But you know that... that is why you are incapable of writing that letter. Deep down you know you will break her heart again.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:10 am 

Philomena will not thank you for keeping me dead.

*Kalvos looks over at Nevar*.

I can tell that your colleague would wish me that way. His words made that clear.

*Kalvos shakes his head*.

You've returned to protect your daughter? But how many have died in this war you've brought? I don't believe your only desire it to protect Philomena.

*He looks down at the blank piece of paper*

If I don't write to the Princess, it will be because I do love her.

*Kalvos takes a deep breath*.

I'm no bastard, I had a family, I was removed from them by the Queen's Laws. Philomena made me realise what my life should be about. I won't forget. Nothing you say to me will make me forget.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:52 pm 

You wish me dead too... it is only my daughter that prevents us from slitting each other from ear to ear.

*He grins*

I saw you deal with her kidnapper. You are a killer just like me. One who kills for a righteous cause. One who kills for those he loves... Yes in many ways you are like me when I was young. Although I have remained loyal to the Queen.

*Carados sighs*

I had to fight a duel for Philomena's mother too... although I had already married her. That was the problem you see, nobody of royal blood can marry without the permission of the High Council.

*He spits in anger*

They would never let me marry a mermaid. Those filthy racists had driven out all the non humans from positions of power and to have a half-breed as an heir... I always stood against the mistreatment of non humans, it cost me my power in the court and eventually led to my exile. No doubt that is not part of my story the High Council has ever shared.

*Carados shakes his head*

This war is not mine, I am merely a figurehead. Don't you see? This is not a war, it is a revolution against the old corruption of the High Council.

*He looks at Kalvos*

I know who you are boy. You are the base born son of Isobella Frampton and Kayled Strom. They hid you away until you were old enough to be taken into the Elite and trained by Darius Rackham.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:00 am 

Isobella Frampton and Kayled Strom are my parents? What evidence do you have of that?

*Kalvos closes his eyes and shakes his head*.

Darius Rackham raised me....

*He glances at Nevar and returns his gaze to Carados*.

The Master of Stormrock, what of him? A good man held captive in his own castle?

*He smiles sadly*.

And if that rumour is true, that they are my parents, must they as members of the High Council, must they perish too?

*Kalvos shakes his head*.

Alike you may think... I'm sorry for your past... But I am tired of fighting and killing. Is the only way to bring peace the slaughter of thousands of people? That is what this revolution is.... A mass grave waiting to be filled... And after that, when the New Order is established a fresh grave will be dug... Maybe you and I will be in that one Carados....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:44 am 

Evidence found at Stormrock castle.

*He puts some old letters on the table*

Letters between Darius Rackham and your parents. He wanted to spare you the life of a Knight and adopt you as his son. Lady Isobella refused as she thought the truth of your birth might come out and ruin her and Strom who was still married at the time.

*The Duke watches Kalvos*

Rackham was a great man. I am sorry to say he has fallen. When Stormrock fell to the Kanarans I knew that we would have to ally ourselves or face defeat.

*He sighs*

As for Lady Isobella and Strom, I have much love for them. I hope that the Queen will be persuaded to show them mercy.

*Carados softens a little as he looks at Kalvos who tearfully reads the letters from Lord Rackham.*

I would rather see a thousand graves dug, than see two dug for Philomena and Karina. Perhaps you will not fight a war to defend those you love most dearly, but I will. I wish you would fight by my side rather than fight against me when we should be united to protect Philomena. Here... an early Christmas present.

*He hands Kalvos his locket with miniature portraits of Philomena and Karina inside*

After all, I will still get to see the originals... but... Philomena is a princess, you must see that she could never have married someone like you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:35 am 

You want someone like me....

*Kalvos dries his eyes and takes a deep breath. He stands up and glares at Carados*.

To ally myself with someone like you? After what you have just said. Rackham is dead. Killed by Kanaran butchers.

*He glances at Nevar*.

Like this vermin you stand beside. No Carados, I will not fight for you. I will not fight for the Council.
I will fight for the little bit of love I have. I shall ride to Stormrock Castle and if need be I'll slay Thranmere for his crimes.

*He hangs the locket around his neck*.

And if my throat is cut at least my life blood will touch the portraits of those I love... Royalty means nothing to me Lord of Traitors... It meant little to Philomena.... She is more honoured by me than by any crown that would be placed upon her head....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:40 am 

Threats? In front of us? Are you mad?

*Nevar grins and laughs*.

My Lord Carados.. Silence this creature.....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:08 am 

*Carados laughs*

You will ride to Stormrock and fight Darl Thranmere? Are you mad? You barely have the strength to stand from what I see... even at your fittest Thranmere would cut you down as if you were a daisy.

*He shakes his head*

I could have you arrested for selling that little girl to a brothel... she is safe now you will be pleased to know, although she had to be taken to hospital to recover from her ordeal and I will keep her safe from you in case I find it necessary to prosecute.

*Carados strokes his chin*

Go to Stormrock if you must. Make Philomena miserable. .. but remember this, she married Darl when she thought you were alive. She gave up on you long ago... she stopped loving you a long time ago... Besides, being royalty isn't something she can choose to deny. The blood of kings and queens flow through her blood, it is an indelible part of who she is... Philomena will always put her duty to the queendom over you... even if she still loved you.

*He stands aside*

Let the fool ride to Stormrock... I doubt he will make it more than five miles.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:37 am 

*Kalvos steps forward and starts to walk slowly to the door*.

So much poison in your words I'm surprised you don't choke on your own bile.

*He moves to the bar and grabs several bottles of water*.

I've said before Carados, you have no authority over me. I will ride to Thranmere's castle, better to do that than be murdered here by one of your mercenaries.

*He glances at Nevar*.

Don't try to follow me. I maybe wounded, but I could still kill a man....

*Kalvos stumbles out of the tavern and into the night. He glances briefly back over his shoulder at Carados*.

Don't underestimate me, and if I have to die for Philomena. I will....

*He walks off into the shadows*.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:42 am 

*Nevar heads towards the door*.

I'll track him. He must not be allowed to reach Lord Thranmere, I'll make sure he doesn't.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18882 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1885, 1886, 1887, 1888, 1889  Next