It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18882 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1884, 1885, 1886, 1887, 1888, 1889  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:07 pm 

Has it been so long that you cannot remember where there quill and parchment is kept?

*Arabella raises and eyebrow as she fetches the writing equipment*

You might not recognise Carados as having an influence over you... but he has Philomena's love and will exert an influence over her.

*She sighs*

The Princess was clear before she left, those who stand with the High Council are her enemies. You have already failed to keep your word and protect her and Karina... If you make an enemy of her father, you risk losing her love forever. She has forgiven your faults as she thinks you are dead... but will she forgive you for breaking her heart now she knows you are alive?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:21 pm 

*As dawn rises, Arabella and Killgin Stark set off to Dorlich to rescue Sylvie. Kalvos is left alone downstairs in the bar, gazing at the portrait of Philomena that was painted by the outlaw Vance Scarab and remembering happier times.*

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:04 am 

*Kalvos closes his eyes and shakes his head. He holds the quill but cannot think of what to write. He gazes around the bar and thinks of the past*.

How happy we were...

*He whispers*

Perhaps...

*He again draws back from writing once again*.

Maybe it's better she thinks that I am dead....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:52 pm 

I would certainly agree with that...

*The Duke of Zoltar gives a wry smile and nods to his knights who take their positions by the doors.*

My daughter is better off without you, she is married to man of rank, power and honour... even if he is a Kanaran barbarian. I had hoped the rumours of your death would prove true... Normally I would make it happen myself but...

*Carados removes his sword and places it on the bar*

Unfortunately I swore to my daughter I would never harm you and I am a man of honour... so I guess I have to bribe you. How much do you want to start a new life, far away from my child?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:57 am 

Carados..... You again.....

*Kalvos sighs*.

So you've sold your daughter off to the enemies of Grimney...

*He shakes his head*.

Your money is worth little to me... Honour comes at a price Carados and you sold your honour away long ago, but mine cannot be bought....

*Kalvos stares at the wall ahead*.

So don't waste your breath.... Maybe spare it for that last moment before death when you might have a brief second to reflect on all those you have betrayed....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:59 am 

You dare to presume to lecture me on honour? You get my daughter with child and then do not marry her? You talk of betrayal, but where were you for Philomena and Karina when the High Council's assassins were at the door...? Or perhaps you have stayed loyal to the mother who abandoned you at birth and signed the death warrant for her own granddaughter? You must already know that the High Council have ordered the deaths of Philomena and Karina.

*He gives a heavy sigh*

I did not sell my daughter to Darl Thranmere, I sought her a husband that had the strength and resources to protect her. Something you, the man she loved and trusted, failed to do repeatedly. You broke her heart long before Thranmere reached these shores.

*He looks up at the painting of Philomena*

She deserves better than Thranmere... and she deserved far better than the way you treated her.

*His voice chokes with emotion and he brushes away a tear*

Everything I do is for her...

*He slams his fist on the table*

I don't care what you think of me. I just want you out my daughter's life forever. Name your price to stay dead in her eyes and to abandon this ridiculous plan to hire mercenaries.

*Carados gives a chuckle*

You think that what you say in a brothel will not get back to me? You are too indiscreet and too stupid... whatever did my daughter see in you except a handsome face?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:24 pm 

Had I not been captured by the Chaos Engine I would have married Philomena....

*He shakes his head and frowns at Carados*.

Do men of honour spend their time recruiting spies in brothels? Seems by your standards they do.... A second home to a man like you... Money won't buy my love Carados. You think you can bribe me? Not a chance...

*Kalvos rolls his eyes*.

Many in the High Council are corrupt, but I won't be ruled by you, an ineffectual Queen and a council of brutal Kanaran generals... You disrespect your own daughter, you don't honour her or anyone else in this land....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:40 pm 

*Nevar stands in the background watching. He plays with a serpent ring on his finger before venturing to the bar and leaning against it*.

Who is this foolish individual? Should we not pluck out his insolent tongue?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:19 pm 

Nothing would give me greater pleasure to punish this fool for his insolence... However on the Princess's wedding day, both Darl and I promised her we would do this wretch no harm.

*Carlos shakes his head*

A man in my position has spies everywhere... as does my daughter for that matter. She is a Dudrassa princess through and through. I don't frequent brothels, I have no problem finding women who are happy to give their love for free. I also don't sell underage girls to whorehouse madams for my own selfish gain... Venn Kalvos, man of honour... and pimp. What father wouldn't be thrilled to have you ruining his daughter's life yet again? Perhaps you would have sold her once you got bored with her?

*He leans across the bar and takes a bottle of brandy. He throws a bag of gold coins down in its place*

You have no idea what sacrifices I have made for my daughter. She did her duty as a Princess of the Royal Blood by marrying as the Queen dictated... The same Queen you once swore your life to, the same Queen you killed for and were willing to die for...

*He sneers*

But of course you were willing to break that vow in order to seduce my daughter... and you had plenty of time to save her honour before you were allegedly kidnapped. But you preferred to have your fun then break her heart.

*Carados drinks a glass of brandy then pours another*

If you don't want my money then fine... just stay away from my child.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:23 pm 

Carados, this is simply about power. You want it and you'll do anything to obtain it. You won't make me angry. Your opinions matter little. Philomena has a mind of her own, even though you've tried to subdue her.

*Kalvos shakes his head*.

You say I wasn't there for her? But where were you? Philomena spent many years searching for you and only now have you returned. It is you Carados who should be accused of neglect and failure.

*Kalvos stares at Nevar*.

You don't know me, and because you follow this sullied warlord your thoughts are jaded and worthless.

*Kalvos laughs*.

Your powers of persuasion Carados.....

*He frowns*.

Bags of gold? You can keep it. My family are priceless.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18882 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1884, 1885, 1886, 1887, 1888, 1889  Next