It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 7:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 1887  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:06 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
Maybe they are waiting for us to let our guard down. I am sure that some of the thugs Kursk has hired will not risk a mermaid's curse for any price but Slayvern himself, I worry he will not stop to fulfil his contract unless he is killed.
Yes Korben Drake, I wonder why he has come. He's hardly the type to care about protecting the life of a knight and a couple of barmaids but in these dark times perhaps it is safer to hide in the eye of the storm than anywhere else. Maybe this tavern is his sanctuary as well as ours. There is more to this than just a knight's life at stake, maybe in time we shall see.

I have some sheer cloth from some of my dresses, let's pin them over the windows. They should obscure the view of any who might try to look in but allow us to see who is outside.

You were so brave when you faced Slayvern Kursk and his gangsters, maybe you were a warrior queen in your past!

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:12 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 11:14 pm
Posts: 2215
Location: south Wales
I'll try to keep that thought in my head if it comes to fighting !
come I'll help you to pin the fabric over the windows.
I wonder how far Sweeney green got? Not as far as Gideon Drake I hope !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:18 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
Perhaps I should send a small storm to Sweeney to frighten him into hiding. All these storms are a little tiresome, I'm getting a hedache from it all. Maybe I shall just sit in the corner a while and gaze in the mirror for a while. A glimpse of home will warm my heart as will a small glass of firewater. Is it too early for a wee tipple?

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:24 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 11:14 pm
Posts: 2215
Location: south Wales
Never too early! It's fortunate you managed to get those supplies in before Slayvern Kurk arrived !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:36 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
Yes,he could lay siege to us for a month and we still wouldn't have to face battle sober.

I saw Urat in my mirror! Just briefly, he is safe but looks very tired and careworn. I wish there was a way we could let him know we were safe. We have Jacob, Darius and Korben here to protect us now and Kalvos will be strong enough to wield a weapon soon. Hopefully you and I won't need to kill anyone ourselves. Truth be told Gwenllian I am more afraid of taking a life than dying in battle.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:43 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 11:14 pm
Posts: 2215
Location: south Wales
I understand how you feel , I do not think I should have the right to decide who may live and who die. I would always wish to fight a battle with words not swords if possible. I believe words are a very powerful weapon indeed .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:08 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
And if words fail, there are always storms.

Now what roses for our hair today? Deep red or light apricot? For make-up I think dramatic smoky eyes and shimmering lips. I wonder if any others will make it across the mire for our aid. Do you think we should leave Korben some food by the cellar door! Wonder what he eats.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:57 pm
Posts: 114
Location: Holmes Tavern

Evening good ladies, the twin suns will soon go down. Gwenllian your hair is looking very splendid.

So Korben Drake is here? He probably eats rat he can't show his face anywhere respectable. He must be desperate if he's hiding out here, this is a potential battlefield. I hope he's not after me, over that wretched gambling debt.

I must say Philomena you are very attractive. If I wasn’t otherwise engaged to three other ladies, I’d be tempted to propose, but my loyalty to them must come first.

That aside, I have a bad headache, but a few glasses of brandy might ease the pain.

I see you’re blocking out the windows. That’s a good tactic.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:56 pm
Posts: 41
Is dare gonna be a battle? I’m really not pure gran' at millin'. I’m quite starvin an' me gut 'as been rumblin' somethin' whitie. Oi did enjoy yisser stories Philomena, an' i’m bloody fond av yer al' nigh, even though yer wanted ter make me sleep in de stable.



Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:57 pm
Posts: 114
Location: Holmes Tavern
Ah my pretty pixie, you need not fret, for I am known as the 'Dashing Blade!' Swift do I strike, and I’ve lopped off an ear or two in my time.

So stand behind me when the blood starts to spill, for I plan to cut the guts out of the bellies of those brigands, for I Darius Kane shall protect you!

I have offered you protection beyond these walls too my dear pretty pixie, and my blade is for hire for a small price, naturally..




Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 1887  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group