It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 1:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158 ... 1887  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:03 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
You're not really helping. I am not some gangster, I never wanted to kill. I hate bloodshed and murder.

I wonder what that monster is. If it is a water dweller it might help us. I'm good with water beasts.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 7:30 pm
Posts: 236
Location: Kneeling down beside the privy!
Oh. I was really trying to sound like my mother, thought that would make you feel better... A mother's touch is always best. I could put on one of her dresses and a wig if that would create a better illusion.

I never said you were a gangster. I think you did very well. I hate bloodshed and murder too, especially if it's ours, but it's not, so we've got much to be happy about.

I think we should go to bed. I could sleep beside you if you'd like. And then tomorrow you could go out with Gwenllian and look for the monster and maybe make friends! :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:25 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
The floods probably killed Darius and he's one of us.

Anyway, bed yes. I'll sleep alone thank you Sweeney. There are only two men in Grimney I would share my bed with at the moment and I'm afraid you're not one of them.

Tell Kalvos I need to speak to him in the morning. Sleep well Sweeney.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:41 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 11:14 pm
Posts: 2215
Location: south Wales
Philomena, surely the Kelpie would get you ti Gideon Drake in no time, get Kalvos to write the letter and take it yourself, it's better than trusting it to someone else !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:02 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
Yes, it would probably take less than a day there and back if I ride at full speed. If I went under the mire no-one would notice me but it would ruin my hair. I'd have to go by the moor again and be at the mercy of the zoorban but if it is the only way. I'll see what Kalvos says, I don't want to provoke civil war in Grimney but we can't let Bolte murder everyone in the mire. Perhaps Saygin wil be able to offer me a little protection.

I might look at my mirror, see if any answers lie within.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 7:43 pm
Posts: 729
Location: Holme's Tavern
More trouble? I've been talking to Sweeney. If you don't mind I'll take the kelpie and ride out. Wouldn't want you to ruin your hair Philomena. Best if I go and see Gideon in person, I'll tell him what's going on. I'm feeling much better now, and it's the least I can do, considering all that has been done for me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:59 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
I think it is all part of the same trouble. Sweeney has told you about what Bolte's men are doing to the krogs? Why has he been allowed to do this to village after village? The krogs are not bad creatures. If Lorcan Faybre finds out I'm a mermaid he'll kill me too.

Are you sure you are well enough to ride. the kelpie is ten times faster than a normal horse. You'll have to ask him very politely if he minds carrying a human, I hope he trusts you. What are you going to tell Gideon. Please don't tell him the storms were mine.

I saw you in the mirror Kalvos. You have a important part to play in our lives and there may come a time you have to choose between disobeying orders or watching us die.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 7:43 pm
Posts: 729
Location: Holme's Tavern
I've never believed I had anything other than my duty to perform Philomena. I'm just one man.

What mirror?

Yes, Sweeney has told me. Bolte has a deep hatred of other races, he was once a member of the Queen's Elite but his attitude did not fit in.

I'm sure the Queen has not ordered him to do this. Lorcan Faybre, he's not a murderer.

I'll shall help you and the krogs. I won't watch you or the mire folk die. I came looking for outlaws, that's my task.

You should ask the kelpie, the animal does belong to you. I will be honoured if he lets me ride him. I shall tell Gideon about Bolte's activities, if he's not involved then I hope he'll order an end to what's been happening.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:56 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
An enchanted mirror that helps me see things as they are. One man, one act can change the fates of many. The mirror shows the different paths that can be taken but not which path to take. You probably don't approve, I know that those who don't use magic often fear it.

Yes, I am sure your Queen did not order it. I think it must have been the fat man at the desk, he is filled with hate and greed. He serves only himself although he pretends he acts for the Queen. It fills me with dread when I see him in the mirror.

I hope Gideon is not involved. If he chooses to do nothing will you just let the mire folk die?

I shall tell the kelpie he is to be at your command and not to drown you. Who knows, maybe he'll even talk to you and tell you his name. Let me kiss you once more before you leave, I give you all the blessings of the seas. I hope that I will see your handsome face again soon.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 7:43 pm
Posts: 729
Location: Holme's Tavern

I make no judgement of those who use magic. Magic is not something I trust, it's often used carelessly, and I've seen the harm it has done to others. Although I've harmed many, so I suppose I cannot condemn too harshly....

Gideon Drake has a black and white view of right and wrong, but I would think he'll agree that this is wrong. I don't work for Gideon, I was just escorting him the day I came here. My duty is to Queen Eleanour, Sir Robert Pearl, Cassius Loran and the Queen's Elite. Bolte's people are a militia.

Grimwood Scribes is a horrible man. He wants to drain the mire, and build upon it. He's got a few mad schemes so I've heard. Bolte's an ideal employee, he's very twisted, and believes that what he does is always best for Grimney. It's not.

I'm glad the kelpie won't drown me, because if I fall off him in my armour, I won't be able to get up again. If he talks, I shall listen.

Thank you for the kiss, it's appreciated. You Eve, and Gwenllian have been true friends to me. You'll find your place amongst the stars.

I shall bring you all a gift when I return, to show how much you are valued.

Take care sea angel.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158 ... 1887  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group