It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 4:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130 ... 1887  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:12 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
Oh eve the poor Krogs! Their grief was almost too much to bear but they acted as bravely as Fester Lyle himself. They know if they ever need anything that they will always find assistance at our tavern.

Shall I go and sit with Kalvos? I do not know whst comfort I can bring him that you cannot but I shall stroke his hair and sing him sweet dreams of the sea.

What has that rotten elf done now?

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:43 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
You will be angry with me to know that my heart once belonged to Tempest and his black heart once belonged to me. I thought my love could soften the evil in him but when the sea ran red with the blood of the crew of the Golden Fox I knew what a fool I had been. Do not hate me for this, I was too young and in love with his handsome face to understand his darkness.
It is Low's flag I need you to sail under, he is setting saiil to Vorgania but I understand if you refuse. I think I ask too much.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:50 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:34 am
Posts: 164
Philomena - you bring your own comfort to Kalvos - yourself, which I cannot be!

Poor krogs! Maybe if you tell me the way to go, one day soon I will visit their shore and tell the baby Krogs funny tales and sing them fairy songs. I will also tell them what a brave and true-hearted Krog their Papa Fester-Lyle...was. *shakes head sadly*....see you should never judge a monster by his teeth!

Well! *huffs* As for that Wibbly elf, a more lazy, selfish elf there is none, not in all the land of Grimney, or even beyond! As you know dear one, I flitted out to ensure his safety - for he told me he could not get off his toadstool....silly, fool eve! Well what a nasty trick, because as soon as the storm swept up - off he jumped. He had just fooled me when he said he could not get off, and all because he did not want to walk with me 'all the way' to see the wibbly bird one sunny day!

I'd been leaving him baskets of food, custard creams...wild strawberries, pies and honey oatcakes...so the poor soul wouldn't starve!...I was soooo swoozy with his handsome elfy looks that I never even wondered how he ate before he found me...so all he was after was my oatcakes. *sniff*

Then to top it off, as we clung to the toadstool stalk to avoid being blown into the lake, he tried to shove me off! But unlucky for the silly snozzcumber he lost his grip and that's how he ended up clinging to my legs and crying like a baby! I felt like giving him a kick but lucky for wibbly elf I am a forest fairy and could never be so unkind...and after all he did lose his love a long time ago...but still that does not excuse taking advantages of my kindly nature and refusing to walk with me...not that I would now, for he has become decidedly ugly. I would rather risk a kiss with the Warty toad!

*confides to Philomena in a whisper*

Besides which dear Philomena...my heart still belongs to the elf my papa chased away all those many moons ago...Wibbly elf was on the...rebound...I read about rebounds in the Fairy Times....they never ever work.

*looked very solemn then proceeded to scrub the bar with vigour sending up clouds of fairydust everywhere*

_________________
All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:00 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
What a bad creature! I shall send a tiny rain cloud to bother him for a week. He won't drown but just be a little soggy and cross.

We must find your dear elf and return your heart to him. You are too loving to be on your own.

I cannot see how being myself will bring comfort to Kalvos when I cannot comfort my own heart but I will try.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:14 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:34 am
Posts: 164
Oh Philomena - maybe in giving comfort you will find comfort - I do so hope so!

Will it be the greatest comfort of all Philomena - if you could find your father? I know that I would be very sad if I mislaid my papa...

_________________
All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:23 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:34 am
Posts: 164
*snuggles Philomena up*

Thanks for the teeny rain cloud too! On my way to munchkin manor I shall take a little peek at the soggy elf...and not feel sorry at all! He really will have something to be unhappy for...silly, silly elf!

*eve naive holds her belly and laughs hysterically as she imagines wibbly elf with his wet green hat flopping in his eyes and water dripping off the end of his nose*

He'll be so wet, he'll be making bubbles with his flute instead of music!

...Then maybe a week on Friday we can be friends again...but no more cakes!

_________________
All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:09 am
Posts: 12
Location: The Port of the Dudrassa Sea
I likes a nice piece of cake, currant buns are me favourite. Fresh baked, and buttered thickly.

Aye it were a tale indeed. it seems thee be unlucky in matters of the heart fairy lass, but flutter thy fairy wings and thee might attract a better sort. Why not court a fairy man? Be there not such a creature? Thee be brave and true, that storm could've sunk a ship, but thee stood it well, for thee could drown in a puddle of water me pretty fairy lass.

Captain Low is a blackhearted pirate, and he be dead by all accounts, but even that has not stopped him in his tracks. I shall sail with him if thee wishes, but to search Vorgania on me lonesome would be deadly to meself, I might get meself scuppered.

As for Tempest, thee made your choice, and I be not a man to judge.

Well, me fairy lass, and Philomena, I bid thee goodnight, for an old salt like meself needs his rest, and I be blessed with a fine feather pillow on which to rest me head.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:56 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:34 am
Posts: 164
Well dear Silas I will remember you love currant buns! My sister Xibes - an Ice fairy you know - she always finds me the most finest ingredients and I am sure I will be able to muster up some fine buns for you!

As for fairy fellows...well I only ever had squiggly feelings for one young elf...I never gave it a thought...well really I don't know if it is called love *eve naive blushes* a bit squiggly and a bit swoozy...Wibbly elf made me a bit swoozy but not squiggly?...

Maybe it will be clearer tomorrow - very tired now. Sweet dreams one and all *yawns*

_________________
All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:49 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:54 pm
Posts: 7361
Location: Looking pretty behind the bar at Holme's Tavern
When Urat returns I shall ask him to help me find a partner in your quest Silas. The sunken treasure ships of Dudrassa pay well. You have not named your price for this yet my dear Silas, you cannot undertake such a dangerous mission for no fee, I have learnt that humans love gold very much.

Oh eve dear, I do not know whether finding my father will bring me comfort or not as I do not know him. He may even be dead. My mother's love for him runs deeper than the Hanaes ocean, that dark sea of the South, and it brings her great sorrow. Once I take her my father, her sorrow should lift and that will bring me great comfort. Then I will return to the sea and swim to the very edge of the world to leave this land of violence behind me.

Perhaps you wee right eve, it does give me a little comfort to take care of Kalvos although it pains me to see him so weak again.

_________________
http://themermaidmuse.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:12 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 11:14 pm
Posts: 2215
Location: south Wales
It will be a sorry day if you do leave us Philomena, not all humans lust for gold and not all in this land are violent, wherever you go there will be those who feel the need to have power over others, usually to cover their own inadequacies!!

but let us not dwell on sadness open up the windows and let in the fresh air, these last weeks I've been a barmaid and a warrior maid and today I must become a char woman!! Lets get the Tavern sparkling clean for Urat, is Oak still around? maybe he can do some repairs


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130 ... 1887  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group